They're so pretty, aren't they? These new babies have new lids which I am extremely fond of. I mean, the older ones (the permanent line) just had the Sleek logo sprawled across, but the new one has an adorable lip smack (with, uh, realistic lip lines) which I think is just glamorous, and a lot better looking.
Right, lemme just quickly tell you what they do: Sleek Pout Polishes, are (very pigmented) tinted lip conditioners with SPF 15. I love them because they do a great job of plumping out the deep lines in my lips, the colours are so wearable, and they even leave a beautiful stain on your lips. And they're like, £4.99, which is a lot better than like, MAC's .... I dunno... £20000 lip conditioner. (I kid.. they're £10.50. But wtf, seriously?!)
OK, so back to these two newbies. They look like pudding don't they? Or some sort of jelly.. they just look so edible and the names do not help!
I think they might have used real lemons to make the colour of Lemon Meringue (in the pot, at least) Wouldn't it be such a fun makeup World where you would put items into the Makeup colour machine to get exactly the colour you want? Yeah.. I think Sleek cosmetics started stuffing theirs with lemons because I really believe it's spot-on. Now the highly, disappointing side to it is that it doesn't actually smell like lemons - which I genuinely though it would have but no, it smells just like all the other Pout Polishes! (A sweet vanilla. Please bear in mind, it may be too strong for some people's liking)
Raspberry Souffle is a really pretty raspberry pink, fuschia.. it reminds me of Ribena for some reason, and I am getting ridiculously hungry...
As you can see from the swatches, Raspberry Souffle has lavender undertones! On my lips it's surprisingly sheer compared to Pink Cadillac - a Pout Polish from the permanent line- and is pretty glossy. And Lemon Meringue looks sad and gloopy.. all it does is give my lips a yellow undertone.
Oh, but I would like to show you something interesting! You know MAC's Petals&Peacocks lipstick - the pretty bright fuschia lady from the pretty Liberty of London collection? Well, I think I found her long-lost sister....
Seriously, doesn't Raspberry Souffle look just like a glossier version of Petals&Peacocks? Of course it's not as opaque because P&P is a lipstick but it's pretty-darn-tootin'-close.
The only pain-in-the-ass thing about this family reunion is that they are BOTH limited edition. DAMNIT.
Come on, how can you say they're not related?!
1 Cyberers:
Raspberry Souffle is effin' gorgeous! I totally want it :)
Post a Comment