Monday, 25 January 2010

Confessions of a Left-Handed Mouse, FPS/MMO player

I don't know why, but everyone seems to be so damn surprised and cocky when they hear that someone is left-handed for the mouse, they even exclaim that playing MMOs, FPS games would be near impossible and would make them basically 'handicapped.'

Well, all I can say is fuck you. There's no difference whether you're left or right-handed, just like in writing. So here's my usual FPS set-up and which buttons I use for what:

Up Arrow-Key = Move Forward
Down Arrow-Key = Move Backward
Left Arrow-Key = Strafe Left
Right Arrow-Key = Strafe Right
Insert = Reload
Delete = Use
CTRL = Jump
Shift = Crouch

Third Mouse (Click mouse wheel) = Melee

Currently Borderlands - End Key = Use Skill
Currently Borderlands - Num Pad 1 = Use Grenade
Currently Borderlands - Num Pad 0 = Sprint


Use mouse to look about/turn around, etc.

(I don't for the life of me remember how I played RF though. I think I used the keyboard keys again to move. As for the F-keys to use skills, I had to let go of my mouse and tap the f-keys. Or I just clicked on shortcuts/hotbars in the game.

0 Cyberers: