- Anyway, I will be reviewing and comparing two coral lipsticks I bought today, one which actually may be a dupe of the other!
Max Factor Colour Collections Vs. Collection 2000 Volume Sensation
Comparing the size of the lipsticks to others with packaging roughly the same as theirs.
Left-to-Right: Rimmel Lasting Finish, Collection 2000, MAC, Mac Factor, E.L.F., BarryM.
If you were to go out to the drugstore right now, wanting a nice coral lipstick in mind, you would definitly have swatched these two -(but I was at Tesco and it doesn't exactly have everything) they looked slightly similiar, and when I had swatched them I found myself liking Collection 2000's shade and finish just a bit more, and was pleasantly surprised at seeing such a cheap, yet lovely lipstick shade.
As you can see, Max Factor's Pink Brandy (on the left) looks a lot more matte, Collection 2000's Pretty Please (on the right) has a pretty, very subtle golden sheen. Do they still look similiar to you? At least they do when you use the flash on the camera - here you can see more of the golden sheen on the right.
Remember to click on any of these pictures to full view them.
I tried to take the swatch picture as close to the natural light as possible, but for today's Scottish weather forecast, it was overcast, had some bad gusts of wind, plus rain and snow.
Pink Brandy really isn't .. pink. It kinda reminds me of MAC's Viva Glam Cyndi Lauper lipstick.
In real life, the two were actually so similiar in colour at certain angles - then at other angles Pretty Please looks a bit more shimmery and pinker(almost like pink grapefruit then tangerine?!) than Pink Brandy.
Pretty Please suit me more becuase the golden shimmer matched the yellow of my skintone, and it was a wee teensy bit pink so it didn't look totally odd on me.
Pink Brandy is an honest, true, clear coral on me (Google 'colour coral,' it's exactly those colours) so it didn't suit me as it were way too warm (and slightly too orange) it looks a lot better on once blotted, and the good thing is it's actually long lasting, especially because it stains my lips a little (although I'm not sure if it's just me... every lipstick stains my lips)
Max Factor Colour Collection in Pink Brandy;
£7.99
Formula: Slightly creamy though glossy, semi-matte, no bleeding. No smell. A little like toned-down version of MAC's cremesheen formula.
Coverage: Sheer yet buildable to achieve maximum coverage.
Pricing: 3/5 - I am biased here, but lately I have been finding it band out of order how expensive drugstore makeup is in the U.K. Max Factor is one of the stupidly expensive ones.
Overall: 3/5
Collection 2000 Volume Sensation in Pretty Please;
£2.99
Formula: Shimmery, semi-matte, slightly more creamy on application,
Coverage: Sheer yet buildable to achieve maximum coverage. Will need to exfoliate though.
Pricing: 5/5 - Totally impressed by the price and what this lippie can do.
Overall: 4/5
ConclusionI really do like both lipsticks, and it may be because of the price difference that Colour Collection feels slightly more glossy than Volume Sensation, though I love the latter more because it's a better coral Summer shade to wear, and the price is really great! I won't mind exfoliating and tending to my lips to make Pretty Please look pretty awesome on me and I honestly can't wait to wear it during the Summer.
1 Cyberers:
Hi :)
could you tell me pink brandy (mf) lipstick colour what's look like ? I want to natural lip colour so I searching about it... it's looks like what I want but I couldn't sure about it is the same like photos isn't it ?
Post a Comment