Thursday, 1 April 2010

Brave to be Barefaced? And Yay/Nay Lippie?

I totally understand that makeup can be fun - I am only just realising this - though what I also realise is that some do it because they're insecure. Oh, and I also understand that makeup can be used to enhance ones features.

(I don't know what I'm getting at here anymore...) Why don't we have a day of 'letting our skin breathe' (which I know is preposterous because skin can't actually breathe but I'm just sayin'...) I had been completely bare-faced for about 17 years, before I got into makeup, and I'm still insecure as heck and completely self-concious. Oh, and I beat myself up a lot (verbally and mentally)

So I show the World a picture of myself that I took, right after I woke up - OK, right after I brushed my hair after taking two pictures before it but those pictures made me look like a caveman so I'm not showing them, but hey, I'm still barefaced!

Also, is it just me or does your skin look amazing when you've just woken? I think the natural oils give me a soft focus effect or something.

Click to full-view if you want. F.Y.I. my lips are stained from last night's coral lipstick.




Lippie in question with poor, overly yellow lighting.. And yeah, I was laughing HARD at a youtube video whilst taking this.


Better lighting to show true colour of lippie on me, but I look like a GANGSTA, YO.




I know it's not a nice sight! But I hope you enjoy regardless.

Let's see your morning faces, girlies!(Or I dunno, your 'I just had coffee' look?) I bet you all look beautiful

It's O.K. to look imperfect

1 Cyberers:

Mimi (MakeupWithdrawal) said...

I definitely agree about the skin thing- my face looks and feels really amazing when I wake, really well balanced. I like that lippie on you, it goes really well with that flush in your cheeks!
-M
PS: I love your new template.