This is going to be quickie;
Eyeko's Magic Mascara: Wave the Magic Wand for Long Luxe Lashes!
I actually find this mascara kinda cute. It has pretty flowery patterns around the fuschia tube. I admit, out of all of these products, I like the Eyeko mascara best.
.
Eyeko's Magic Mascara is a 'dry' formula mascara. It has a big thick fluffy brush and it can be used to easily apply, and re-apply, and re-apply the mascara onto your lashes, and it looks a little natural, and does not clump. It's a little water resistant - yays. (Oh, and yes, it does lengthen)
Also.. did you see that I accidentally bent the mascara wand?
Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara: Long & Luscious lashes in one easy squeeze!
O.K! I actually love the 'wet' formula of this mascara. It's the first tubed mascara package I have ever seen,and makes me think it's going to be sooo easy to get all of the product and use my money's worth.
...But it also has the weirdest mascara brush, ever.
It reminds me.. I don't know, Harvesters? Drills? Something scary?
Although it's actually quite pleasant applying it to my lashes. The 'wet' formula I mentioned before means that my lashes look glossy, although be warned that it means the mascara may take a little longer to dry meaning smudges or mascara lash prints on your bottom eye area!
The funny thing is that it really gives you anime-like lashes (like pictured on the tube) when you first apply it. But you can make it less clumpy if you just brush your lashes with the wand. I think this lengthens more than the other mascara.
Beauty Rehab: Commit your lips to Beauty Rehab Spearmint Lip Balm. Treats chapped, dry and flaky lips in 3 steps!
This was a 'thrown-in freebie'
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes - nearly all the ingredients in this list are merely oils. In fact, only two ingredients are not oils, and that's Shea Butter and Bees Wax.
Click on picture to view ingredients
In fact, you may think that this lip balm must be very thick and/or gloopy, but it surprisingly isn't, it's ultra light-weight, thin texture, and you can so easily apply it onto your lips.or.. you know.. it looks like.. something or other..... *cough*
You only need a tiny bit to cover your lips - and it makes them SUPER SHINY. Like, serious, Asian overly high contrast Photoshopped advertisements shiny. And I prefer spearmint so much over the generic overpowdered mintyness. I think I've found myself a new awesome shiny 'lip gloss.' Heart Heart Heart.Eyeko Line and Shine, Duo Colour pencil for eyes: Line, Define, Shake, Shine!
Ew, that's too many 'ine's for my liking.
I liked the colours on this one; You have on the left, 'Plum,' which is a really strange colour because although it looks brown there are some plum flashes On the right is 'Electric Purple,' and is like a darker, royal purple colour. They have the tiniest bit of satin-like finish.
I disliked their performance though - smudged way too easily and didn't last too long. Sad face.
Finally...
Eyeko Magic Liquid Eyeliner: A million colours in one! Transform any eyeshadow into liquid eyeliner!
I admit, I kind-off, sort-off, don't understand the point in wasting money on these type of things when you could just foil with water or glycerin or whatever. (And I got this in a pack, not like I chose it personally)
As you can see, it's a fat little purple pot with a pointed sponge. I like the shape of the applicator, but it tickles. Also, it's blue from using it before, but I decided to use my pigmented Sugarpill eyeshadow instead to test it out.
Loaded with Sugarpill's Buttercupcake pressed eyeshadow. OK, maybe loaded a little bit too much.
Wiped a little off first before applying;
Ta-da. I even drew a star. See? See? See?
I tried to actually apply it as eyeliner (with blue eyeshadow, previously) but it was way too sheer and I couldn't pack the colour on or make it more intense. So no, not as effective as foiling. (Or using Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy! Shhh)
Although, it still is there on my arm, my eyes are a lot more watery than my dry arms. I don't think it's last too long.
Although, it still is there on my arm, my eyes are a lot more watery than my dry arms. I don't think it's last too long.
Final Conclusion of Eyeko, acclaimed 'London's Most Cutest Cosmetics:'
Packaging: 3/5 - I like the applicators of the products, I didn't like how loose the 'moisturising' cream's lid was, and I don't like this whole 'trying to be manga' appeal. And I hate click pens.
Quality of Products: 3.5/5 - The mascara formulas are totally great. The Eyeko creams are very interesting, the highlighter can be a great BeneFit dupe. Although, I wish their concealer didn't come in one shade.
Quality of Products: 3.5/5 - The mascara formulas are totally great. The Eyeko creams are very interesting, the highlighter can be a great BeneFit dupe. Although, I wish their concealer didn't come in one shade.
Shipping: 2.5/5 - A little biased here as on my very first order with them they forgot to package everything and then I went all emo and /ragequit. I suppose though, they offer free shipping with every delivery to the UK, I guess they're just trying to save money. But I like bubblewrap. MUA'ers are awesome at packaging stuff.
Overall: 3/5 Loved one product that wasn't even made by them (the freebie lip balm) loved the mascara, everything else was a bit meh. Maybe I'm disappointed
Would I order from them again?: Probably not.
1 Cyberers:
Ooh, the Beauty Rehab lip balm sounds great! I'll have to look for it... off another site, though, probably :P
Post a Comment